Using data gained from analyzing hundreds of fraud cases, this course provides an in-depth look at the most common types of fraud, the types of entities commonly targeted, and the effectiveness of various detection methods. The course presents important statistics that give you a complete understanding of key fraud issues, including:
- The cost of fraud
- The losses associated with specific types of fraud
- How an organization's size contributes to the frequency and type of fraud
- The industries most and least likely to be affected by fraud
- The relative effectiveness of specific controls
- Which departments are most likely to commit fraud
- The most common reasons fraud is not referred to law enforcement
You'll come away with common sense solutions for detecting and deterring fraud and encouraging fraud reporting
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite statistics about the incidence and nature of fraud.
- Identify characteristics of fraud perpetrators.
- Recall the 2012 Reports to the Nations results of fraud.
- Recognize solutions to prevent fraud and business' responses when fraud occurs.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top