Congress and the President's historic changes to the US Tax Code are now law. This extensive legislation has profound effects on businesses and individuals alike, and has prompted a flood of tax-related questions. Tax professionals need to be ready now to address clients' tax concerns and provide accurate, up-to-date advice going forward.
Vern Hoven, Sharon Kreider, and Karen Brosi bring their expertise to the table for an in-depth discussion of the most pressing, as well the most complex aspects of the law. These renowned tax experts will help participants navigate essential components of the law, elucidating the intricacies of the most critical tax changes.
This course is a must-view for any tax professional looking to become familiar with the key provisions of this sweeping new tax legislation. Join this course today to prepare yourself with the essentials needed to guide your clients through this new realm of tax law.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the basics of the new tax law
- Identify the new individual and business tax rates
- Determine the changes to various categories of itemized deductions
- Recognize the complexities of the 'Qualified Business Income' deduction and determine how it replaces corporate AMT
- Indicate the impact of the tax law on methods of accounting
- Recognize how the new tax law requires stock options to be treated (section 83(i))
Back to top