While nearly six years have passed since the Great Recession, economic and political turmoil and uncertainty have continued to plague business decision making. Meanwhile, the advent of the CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) certification and the Ethics Codification Project for 2015 have increased the analytical skills needed by the industry financial professional. This course will explore key economic and regulatory issues that will have a substantial impact on financial and accounting projections for the next several years.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the impact of international economic turmoil and uncertainly on the value of the USD and financial reporting in the U.S.
- Describe the impact of emerging accounting issues, including IFRS, Dodd-Frank, and the Affordable Care Act
- Analyze the impact of quantitative easing, deflation, and current credit markets
- Determine the impact of financial capacity on financial projections and the ability to find new funding sources
- Identify programs for retirement planning for your staff during periods of economic turmoil so that nonplanning does not become your personnel issue
Back to top