Robots, driverless trucks, drones, revolutionary drugs, bitcoin, cryptocurrency – “oh the times they are a’ changing.” With significant changes occurring throughout business environments, why should accounting not be impacted? Tomorrow’s CFO may be an MBA as opposed to a CPA. Accounting departments may be outsourced just as IT and HR have experienced. This session will explore current and expected technologies as well as the underlying changes in business and attempt to create a perspective of the future of accounting.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore changing technologies and their impact on business and the accounting function
- Identify the impact of Big Data and Data Analytics for the business and the accounting department
- Review current surveys on accounting departments
- Explore the continued migration to the Cloud for accounting software and other tools
- Understand the future staffing needs of the accounting department
Back to top