There’s no doubt that the pace of change associated with technology continues to accelerate! Given that, it’s imperative that we keep up with what’s new and how it can impact us and our organizations. In this session, you will learn about all the new and relevant tools and technologies that are likely to impact the profession in the near future.
More than just an update on hardware, you will learn about key software tools and strategies – including emerging collaboration tools such as Teams – that can make you and your organization much more efficient. You will also learn about key developments associated with information security and what you can do to minimize risk. In addition, you will take a forward look at emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation and identify the potential impact these tools may have on the profession. In sum, if you’re planning to take only one technology class this year, this should be the one!
- Major trends and new features in hardware and software
- Collaboration tools and why they are important
- Technology security issues
- Key emerging technologies and how they can impact you
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify major trends in hardware and software, including new features, and take advantage of features that are relevant to you
- Describe how tools such as Slack and Teams are effective at promoting collaboration
- List key security risks relevant to technology and implement solutions to mitigate these risks
- Cite the potential risks and benefits of emerging technologies and create use cases on how these tools might be beneficial
Back to top