Tax Update Summary: 2016-2017 examines key individual, business, retirement, and estate tax provisions recently enacted or indexed for inflation. Presented in an overview format that is easy to reference, the materials provide quick access to major tax changes having special meaning to the tax practitioner and return preparer. This course is a great resource to easily get to the heart of tax law revisions and bring your professional tax knowledge up to speed.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize recent tax law changes impacting inflation adjusted individual, business, retirement, and estate tax provisions, including changes made permanent by the PATH Act of 2015
- Note the taxation rates of the various income tax brackets as well as the requirements of the kiddie tax, the AMT phaseout limits, and contribution limits to HSAs
- Identify the requirements, mechanics, and calculation rates of selected income tax credits, including education and energy credits
- Identify the key business tax requirements and examples of bonus depreciation, expensing, standard mileage rates, work opportunity credit, and S corporation developments
- Recognize the various types of retirement plans, noting the characteristics and differences between each, inflation adjusted contribution limits, and phaseout limits
- Determine applicable estate taxes by identifying trust income tax rates and determining interest on estate tax installments
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top