This course discusses the federal income tax treatment of and limitations related to qualified employee plan contributions and distributions and commercial annuity contracts. It examines the qualified plan limits and income taxability of employer and employee contributions (including designated Roth account contributions); plan loans; life insurance contained in the plan; plan distributions, including distributions as periodic payments and nonperiodic payments; required minimum distributions; and rollovers. Also covered are the tax treatment of lump-sum distributions and periodic payments received under commercial annuity contracts.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the types and characteristics of qualified employee plans.
- Identify the limits imposed on qualified employee plan contributions and benefits and the rules governing rollovers to and from qualified employee plans.
- Cite the requirements applicable to qualified employee plan loans and their tax treatment.
- Explain the rules governing rollovers to and from qualified employee plans.
- Identify the tax treatment of loans from qualified plans.
- Cite the federal tax laws to qualified employee plan contributions and distributions.
- List the principal types of annuities.
- Identify the principal characteristics of deferred and immediate annuities.
- Identify the tax treatment of annuity contributions, distributions taken as an annuity, surrenders, loans, and withdrawals.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top