Divorce can be messy. As a financial professional, you need to know how to assist your clients by protecting them financially--before, during, and after the end of a marriage. In this course, Jeffrey Rattiner will teach you how to navigate the emotionally charged and financially complex issues that surround divorce. You'll come away with an understanding of the strategies to employ during the divorce and knowledge of what your ultimate goals should be. Special attention is given to financial, tax, retirement, valuation, and investment strategies that help minimize the damage in the unfortunate occurrence of a client getting divorced.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply strategies to minimize the negative financial effects of divorce.
- Determine the financial aspects of alimony and child support.
- Describe the tax effects of divorce.
- Relate the retirement issues that are included in divorce.
- Incorporate valuation issues in divorce.
- Incorporate sound investment strategies relating to divorce.
Back to top