An organization can adopt a succession plan to give employees a better opportunity for advancement within the firm, thereby reducing employee turnover and building a deep base of experienced talent. Succession Planning describes every aspect of succession planning: its advantages, the steps involved in operating the program, and ways to enhance its effectiveness. This course also addresses training systems for employees targeted for advancement, special issues related to succession planning for the chief executive officer position, and the measurements that can be used to determine the performance of the program.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the costs of recruiting and onboarding.
- Note who might be included in the different types of talent pools.
- Describe the characteristics of someone who is ready for promotion.
- Cite the differences between succession planning and backup planning.
- Recognize what constitutes leadership competency.
- Note the indicators of a key position.
- Describe the techniques that can be used to make a succession planning program more effective.
- Cite the training methods that can be used to enhance employee capabilities.
- Recognize the uses to which coaching can be put.
- Describe the problems associated with hiring a CEO from the outside.
- Note the characteristics of an insecure CEO.
- Identify the types of costs that can be incurred to replace an employee.
- Recognize the different causes of unavoidable turnover.
- Recognize the organizational structures that tend to block employee advancement.
- Note the methods that can be used to retain employees.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top