This is the second part of a two-part course. You are strongly encouraged to take both parts for a complete picture, but it is not necessary. Business planning is a process by which an organization envisions its future and develops the required plans and procedures to accomplish that vision. Developing this unified sense of direction is essential for success, yet for most organizations, it is a frequently overlooked and forgotten tool. This seminar strongly focuses on the development of a one-page business plan that is easily understood and practical to execute and implement. Learn to use business planning to connect the long-term future with your strategies, operations, and financial planning. This course is applicable to CPAs, both public and private, who want to help a business be all that it can be.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a successful mission statement
- Describe the criteria for aligning customer needs with your organization's strategic plan
- Determine the questions that must be answered to create an executable plan that will drive the success of your business year after year
- Describe the backcasting process for connecting your business to its long-term future
- Identify potential risks to your organization's strategic planning efforts.
Back to top