Effective written communication is an essential skill for financial professionals. Whether you are interacting with clients or sending interoffice emails, your ability to clearly, concisely convey your message is critical. However, the meaning of your message can be lost, misinterpreted, or muddled due to small errors. In Steps to Successful Business Writing for Accounting Professionals, Jack Appleman presents simple strategies and techniques that you can use to avoid common mistakes, improve your writing, and clarify your message. Specifically, this course focuses on concision, organization, rhythm, tone, and grammar, and how each of these concepts can be employed to help you clarify your intended meaning. You'll also learn how to manage your email, thereby reducing unneeded messages, making your messages more productive, and minimizing the time you spend sending and reading email.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize how to write more concisely by eliminating redundancies and unneeded text.
- Identify when to use a more natural and conversational style of writing.
- Recognize what is clear, explicit text so readers understand your message as quickly as possible.
- Identify how text should flow from start to finish.
- Cite ways to create a more consistent pattern throughout your documents.
- Recognize ways to use bulleted text more effectively.
- Identify ways to separate text into manageable chunks.
- Recognize when to use explicit subheads to maintain readers' interest.
- Identify overviews that effectively frame the rest of the document.
- Cite ways professionalism is conveyed to supervisors, peers, subordinates, clients, and other audiences.
- Identify constructive criticism without being condescending.
- Recognize how to modify text based on the reader.
- Identify the most important grammar rules.
- Recognize how to avoid the most common grammar errors.
- Cite the keys for improving your syntax.
- Identify ways to reduce the number of unneeded email messages.
- Cite ways to craft more productive email messages.
- Recognize concepts that encourage readers to take action on your emails sooner.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top