Every business creates many types of records. A record is stored and used as evidence and information, which has value by being retained for a certain period of time. Records Management describes the types of records, the record life cycle, record formats, and the concept of information governance. The course then delves into the use of alphabetic storage, numeric storage, and geographic storage, along with a variety of records management best practices and a discussion of records retention. We'll conclude with coverage of electronic records management, including such topics as the different types of electronic media, record safety, and the mitigation of catastrophic record damage. The course is intended for anyone who wants a solid grounding in the concepts of record management.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different types of records.
- Note the different components of a records management system.
- Identify the steps used to store a record under the alphabetic storage system.
- Cite the rules that apply to sorting and cross-referencing names.
- Note the characteristics of the different types of record storage systems.
- Identify the characteristics of the different types of record storage equipment and supplies.
- Cite the forms and logs used in a records management system.
- Identify the criteria used to retain records for differing periods of time.
- Note the methods used to optimize a directory structure.
- Identify the types of metadata that may be associated with a record.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top