Real-World Ethics for Oregon CPAs is designed to meet the ethical requirements of the Oregon State Board of Accountancy. This course covers selected sections from the Oregon Revised Statutes that pertain to accountants, tax consultants, and preparers including requirements for providing attestation services or compilation services, rules for commissions and contingent fees, civil penalties, and criminal penalties. The material also covers procedural rules; fees, applications, requirements, and procedures; code of professional conduct, continuing professional education, and peer review requirements as found in the Oregon Administrative Rules. Notes interspersed throughout the course provide additional clarification, and case law references provide valuable insight into Board rulings for violations as well as applicable penalties.
Course approved by the Oregon Board of Accountancy.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Note the rules and regulations to obtain and renew licensure in the state of Oregon
- Specify deadlines for permits to practice public accountancy in Oregon
- Identify ownership and fee requirements for registration of a business organization, noting acceptable firm services
- Note the practice of accountancy requirements for attestation or compilation services, use of terms or titles, allowable statements, payment or acceptance of fees, injunctions, and disclosures
- Identify deadlines and procedures involved in disciplinary action by the Board
- Note the requirements and conditions for inactive status
- Recognize the fees and penalties that can be levied by the Board
- Specify the membership makeup of the Oregon Board of Public Accountancy, noting applicable procedural rules relating to professional standards, complaints, confidentiality, and hearings
- Recognize the code of conduct, standards, responsibilities to clients, and other responsibilities and practices applicable to CPAs practicing in the state of Oregon
- Identify continuing education and peer review requirements
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top