Real-World Ethics for New York CPAs is designed to meet the 4-hour ethics CPE requirements of the New York Board of Accountancy, covering important issues such as professional conduct, ethics in tax practice, and state-specific unprofessional conduct provisions for the profession of public accountancy. The course reviews applicable sections of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and provides an overview of PCAOB ethical guidelines and restrictions for registered accounting firms that are auditing SEC filers. The materials also detail the duties and restrictions relating to practice before the IRS as contained in Subpart B of Circular 230. As an added bonus, humorous illustrative case studies provide hypothetical guidance on how to handle real-life ethical issues and situations.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the authority that governs a CPA’s ethical conduct, the principles that guide the conceptual framework for the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and the restructuring that occurred during the AICPA Ethics Codification project
- Identify ethical standards and rules contained in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, noting implementation requirements and the application of authoritative and nonauthoritative guidance to avoid common mistakes
- Specify the guidelines and restrictions established by the Public Companies Accounting Oversight Board for registered public accounting firms auditing SEC filers
- Recognize the rules, regulations, and prohibited activities contained in Circular 230
- Recognize the general provisions related to unprofessional conduct contained in the NY Rules of the Board of Regents Part 29, noting special provisions for the public accountancy profession
- Recognize the NYS Board of Regents updated requirements for mobility and the quality review program
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top