One of the CPA's most important responsibilities is in understanding how critically important ethical behavior is to one another, our customers, and to the public. This course discusses the basic tenants of ethical behavior and uses case studies to explore ethical dilemmas in various companies and organizations. The instructors provide standards of conduct and then apply those standards to the real world.
*Please note that this course covers information also found in Revised CPA Ethics Code: Challenges You May Soon Face
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite terminology relating to core beliefs and the fraud triangle.
- Identify critical thinking errors that call for professional skepticism.
- Identify parties to whom a CPA must answer.
- Identify situations where a CPA may face an ethical conflict and how he or she should respond.
- Cite the core values of CPAs and what they entail.
- Cite important dates related to the revision of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Cite the CPA vision statement.
- Identify a seminal event and explain why it is important.
- Identify traits that may lead to ethical breaches and describe people who may commit them.
- Identify where a CPA should report ethical violations or concerns.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top