In quiet and not-so-quiet ways, QuickBooks Online has improved significantly and is now approaching 1.5 million subscribers, with the number of subscribers continuing to grow at approximately 40% per year. Yet many accountants have not yet explored the improved functionality available in QuickBooks Online and hold on to the perception that this cloud-based, collaborative accounting service is not a feature-rich tool on which they can run their own business or recommend to clients. In this session, you will learn the essentials regarding QuickBooks Online, so that you can make an informed decision about whether you should work with QuickBooks Online, and if you are already as subscriber, you will learn how to work more efficiently with your accounting solution.
Among the key topics covered in this session are understanding the advantages of cloud-based, collaborative accounting and the feature set found in each edition of QuickBooks Online so that you can determine if QuickBooks Online is a viable option for a business. Additionally, you will learn how to create an instance of QuickBooks Online and how to properly configure your account to achieve your desired results. Further, you will learn how to record and manage transactions in QuickBooks Online and how to take advantage of bank feeds for optimal efficiency. You will also learn how to generate the financial and operational reports you need to manage a business more efficiently, including creating and saving customized reports. In short, this four-hour program provides an in-depth 'A to Z' look at the critical aspects associated with QuickBooks Online, one of the most rapidly-growing accounting solutions in today's market. If you work in a small business or provide accounting services into this sector, can you really afford not to learn about QuickBooks Online?
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Identify the 'ideal fit' for QuickBooks Online users and the potential advantages of cloud-based, collaborative accounting;
- Differentiate between the various QuickBooks Online service options;
- Identify and utilize various features to improve the accounting function in small businesses;
- Create customized financial and operational reports using QuickBooks Online; and
- Convert existing QuickBooks desktop data into QuickBooks Online and download data from QuickBooks Online into the desktop version of QuickBooks.
Back to top