Select a Webcast
Note: All dates and times displayed below are in Eastern Time.
Divorce is one of the most devastating occurrences for your clients. Many times our clients are not thinking clearly during the process, and by the time they realize it, it could be too late! Join Course presenter Jeff Rattiner, CPA, CFP(r), as he prepares a path for your clients to pursue by thinking through the critical and timely decisions that must be made. This session will deal with the pitfalls one faces pre- and post-divorce and solutions that can be used to address these existing and future weaknesses. Issues such as valuation, retirement, business valuation and succession, splitting assets and income, pre-nup and post-nup agreements, and the re-evaluation of goals after the divorce becomes final will be covered from financial and tax standpoints.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the financial ramifications pre-divorce
- Understand the financial ramifications post-divorce
- Learn the tax planning elements and resulting strategies of divorce
- Determine how to work through the divorce process
- Learn the role of an advisor in counseling the financial ramifications of divorce
- Understand which retirement strategies clients should pursue
- Uncover valuation strategies to help clients with closely held businesses
- Discover investment strategies to pursue during this next stage of life
- Redesign the personal financial plan after a divorce
Back to top