The Performance Appraisals course describes every step in the performance appraisal process, including preparatory work by the manager and employee, the performance discussion, and how to handle the more difficult topics. The course also addresses the performance appraisal review form and the development plan, as well as the different types of performance review models and the situations to which they are most applicable. In addition, the course notes the advantages and disadvantages of performance appraisals, and how to mitigate some of the negative aspects of this process.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of performance appraisals.
- Note the various steps that can be taken to mitigate the problems with performance appraisals.
- Cite the issues that can arise when no performance appraisal system is used.
- Recognize the different types of documentation that a manager may review to prepare for a performance appraisal.
- Recognize the differences between qualitative and quantitative measures of employee performance.
- Note the different forms of presentation that can be used in a performance appraisal report.
- Recognize the characteristics of an ideal meeting place for a performance appraisal.
- Note the problems with downplaying the negatives in a performance appraisal.
- Cite the discussion topics that should be addressed in a performance appraisal.
- Recognize the different types of performance review models and their characteristics.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top