This breakout course from Sharon Kreider gives you an in-depth look at all of the issues surrounding S corporations. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the formation, structure, and operational concepts of S corps. Also covered are legal and tax issues, and rules related to distributions and liquidation. You’ll gain a complete understanding of the benefits and traps of choosing an S corporation, and acquire detailed knowledge on how the entity is taxed.
Please note that the material in this course is also covered in Pass-Through Entities In-Depth.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Note recent developments with S corporations, the formation and advantages of an S corporation, and the mechanics of the S election.
- Recognize the operational aspects and taxation of an S corporation, noting applicable penalties for late filing and compensation issues that are unique to S corporations.
- Identify fringe benefits and loss limitations for S corporations and their shareholders.
- Recognize the purposes of the AAA account and certain taxes that may be imposed on S corporations.
- Cite the consequences to both the S corporation and its shareholders when the S corporation is sold or liquidated.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top