Tired of the increasing complexity of GAAP? You are not alone! At an ever increasing rate, practitioners are moving their clients from traditional GAAP financial statements to Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA). This course will provide you with the necessary background for you to gain the comfort needed to be in compliance with all applicable guidance related to the preparation and presentation nuances of OCBOA financial statements.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the professional standards applicable to financial statements prepared on OCBOA, noting the applicability and limitations of each of the appropriate OCBOA frameworks
- Recognize the requirements of a pure cash basis and modified cash basis of accounting, noting the types of entities that would use each method
- Identify the typical modifications to cash basis financial statements, including whether substantial support exists for the modification
- Note the requirements of the income tax basis of accounting, including the treatment of special items
- Recognize the conceptual differences between revenue and gross income as well as expenses and deductions
- Specify the typical differences between GAAP and the income tax basis of accounting, noting the illustrative examples presented in the course materials
- Recognize what comprises a complete set of OCBOA financial statements, noting applicable presentation and disclosure requirements
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top