Excel is one of the most important tools for CPAs and other financial professionals. This course explores functions in Excel that CPAs can use to enhance productivity and ensure accurate answers when working with data. You'll learn how to use logical and text functions, find specific items in large spreadsheets, and use certain financial functions to compute a payment, rate, term, present value, or future value. With many exercises, examples, and a case study, this course provides hands-on guidance for financial professionals who want to maximize use of Excel.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the syntax and characteristics of functions used to sum and count data, including their applicable calculation results
- Recognize the syntax and use of logical functions to locate items to test, and to locate and handle exceptions
- Identify the various text functions that manipulate text data, their syntax, and their applicable use to achieve a desired result
- Recognize the syntax and use of the VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, and a combination of the INDEX and MATCH functions
- Compute a payment, rate, term, present value, or future value using time value of money functions
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top