This hands-on course will help you discover ways to manage and transform large volumes of data into useful information that can be analyzed. The course begins with a brief overview of Excel databases and then gives step-by-step instructions for:
- Sorting and filtering data
- Creating and formatting PivotTables
- Using various database functions
- Displaying relevant data with conditional formatting techniques
Practice exercises included with the course provide a helpful way for you to apply the skills you gain right away. All practice exercises include answers so you can compare your results.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize terminology related to a database and the basic components of a database.
- Recognize the various ways to sort data and the order in which data appears.
- Recognize the purpose of filtering data, how to filter data, and how to tell when data has been filtered.
- Recognize the attributes of the Auto Outline feature.
- Recognize the process of creating subtotals and nested subtotals.
- Recognize the function of a Pivot Table and how to create, edit, and format pivot tables.
- Identify database functions and their components.
- Recognize how to apply and remove conditional formatting.
Table of Contents
Excel’s Data Features
Sorting – Ascending/Descending
Create an Outline
Remove an Outline
Rearrange Data in a PivotTable
Add Data to the Report Filter:
Refresh Your Data
Detail Drill Down
Displaying Pivot Table Information
Changing the Display
Adding an Additional Condition to Existing Rule
Delete Conditional Formatting
Finding Conditional Formatted Cells
Review Question Answers and Rationales
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top