Retirement distribution planning is often understood from an investment perspective. However, many do not fully understand the complex tax rules associated with this kind of planning. This course will discuss the critical tax aspects of IRAs, IRA distribution planning, Roth IRAs, and the ways to avoid some of the most common mistakes.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Understanding the foundational tax concepts of retirement distribution planning
- Understanding the final minimum distribution regulations
- Understanding rollover strategy issues and regulations
- Designating beneficiaries under the final minimum distribution regulations
- Understanding the key exceptions to the 10% additional tax on pre-59 1/2 distributions
- An overview of Roth IRAs and the impact of distribution planning
- Qualified Plan Distribution planning and the effect on taxation
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the basic income tax advantages of IRAs & other qualified retirement plans.
- Identify how to manage IRA rollovers.
- Cite how to make an effective Roth Conversion.
- Identify the basics of prohibited transactions and unrelated business taxable income.
- Determine how to make tax-efficient account distributions
Back to top