Meetings can be an excellent use of time when they are well-run. This course discusses the sequence of events that should be followed to ensure that a meeting is successful. It also notes the different types of decision-making processes that can be used in a meeting, as well as the attributes of the ideal meeting leader. The course covers numerous other topics, including ways to deal with problem employees and the best meeting room layout.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the types of people who attend meetings.
- Describe the problems caused when too many people attend a meeting.
- Cite the characteristics of the different types of meetings.
- Note the types of information included in a post-meeting memo.
- Describe the circumstances under which a consensus building process can go wrong.
- Recognize the methods used to mitigate an excessive amount of group uniformity.
- Describe how to deal with differing room sizes.
- Describe the characteristics of the different types of questions.
- Note the techniques used to deal with recurring meetings, large meetings, and small meetings.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top