Most who study the topic estimate that approximately 90% of spreadsheets have errors in them! In this session, you will learn how to take advantage of key features available with all editions of Excel to prevent spreadsheet errors. You will also learn how to incorporate tools that became available in Excel 2013 and several add-ins for Excel that can help you to detect errors in your own spreadsheets or in those of your clients. If you are concerned about the accuracy of the results generated by Excel, this session is 'must-see CPE!'
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List the five principles of good spreadsheet design
- Calculate values in Excel without building formulas to do so
- Identify 'at risk' formulas in spreadsheets and correct their syntax to avoid risk
- Utilize Excel's Inquire feature to manage the process of auditing spreadsheet and documenting your work
- List various add-ins for Excel that can help to improve accuracy
Back to top