If you need a quick retirement planning introduction or refresher, then this is the course for you. With his informative and upbeat approach, author Danny Santucci takes you through some of the key areas surrounding this important topic. We'll delve into popular retirement myths, how to determine retirement costs and income needs, and the most effective types of retirement plans. This course also covers Social Security, retirement plan distributions, deferred compensation, life insurance, estate planning, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite how long a retirement period will last
- Identify characteristics of retirement areas with high standards of living
- Specify the percentage of current income a retiree will need to live comfortably
- List ways a couple can maximize their retirements through investing
- Name potential adjustments to Social Security benefits
- Identify defined contribution plans that feature specific restrictions and/or benefits
- Choose plans for clients based on specific benefit needs and desires
- State how to avoid the 20% withholding on rollover distributions
- Determine who holds controlling interest in a life insurance policy
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top