A review engagement involves a significantly reduced set of activities from an audit engagement, with a focus on analytical procedures and inquiries. In How to Conduct a Review Engagement, we describe the nature of these analytical procedures and inquiries, as well as every other aspect of a review engagement, including the engagement letter, representation letter, and accountant’s review report. This course is based on SSARS 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the situations in which the accountant cannot accept a review engagement.
- List the contents of an engagement letter.
- Cite the reasons why the accountant needs an adequate knowledge of the client’s business.
- Describe the different types of analytical procedures that can be used as part of a review engagement.
- List the different types of inquires that an accountant would make as part of a review engagement.
- Describe the decision criteria for judging whether an uncorrected misstatement is material.
- Recognize the types of evidence indicating that a client may not be able to continue as a going concern.
- Recognize the available methods for keeping a review report from being used in the future by a client.
- Cite the contents of a representation letter.
- Recognize how the accountant handles a client request to use financial statements prepared in accordance with a special purpose framework.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top