Many organizations sell goods and services to their customers on a delayed payment basis, usually because doing so is the accepted practice within their industries. This practice results in accounts receivable, which may form a substantial part of the total assets of a firm. In, How to Audit Receivables, author Steven Bragg examines the characteristics of receivables from an auditing perspective and notes the auditing activities that can be applied to the receivables area, including the allowance for doubtful accounts and notes receivable.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the characteristics of notes receivable.
- Note the different types of related parties.
- Cite the types of fraud related to receivables.
- Describe the process of risk assessment used by an auditor.
- Recognize when alternative audit procedures should be used.
- Recognize the substantive procedures used in relation to receivables.
- Describe the contents of a confirmation letter.
- Note the circumstances under which a negative confirmation could be used.
- Recognize the contents of the allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Note the proper accounting for a note receivable.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top