The How to Audit for Fraud course discusses the responsibility for fraud prevention and detection, the activities in which an auditor should engage, and the many extended audit procedures that can be used to detect traces of fraud. The course also covers the different ways in which financial statements can be fraudulently misstated, as well as fraud risk indicators and clues indicating the presence of fraud.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the components of the fraud triangle.
- Recognize who is responsible for fraud prevention and detection.
- Understand the reasons for professional skepticism in the conduct of an audit for fraud.
- Describe how to communicate to the client a discovery of fraud.
- Recognize the situations that create pressure for a client to falsify its financial statements.
- Note the different types of scams that can be used to inflate the reported level of sales.
- Describe how to alter the outcome of the receivables turnover measurement.
- Cite the circumstances under which a client would want to recognize a large loss reserve.
- Recognize the methods that can be used to shift expenses into a later period.
- Cite the ways in which liabilities can be artificially lowered.
- Note the primary goal of mis-reporting cash flows in the statement of cash flows.
- Describe the most appropriate audit team staffing when fraud is suspected.
- Recognize the characteristics of a fraudulent journal entry.
- Describe the techniques that can be used to alter a document to cover up a fraud.
- Note the methods available for tracking down the theft of cash.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top