Stay current and understand the significance of new Accounting Standard Updates recently issued and newly effective in 2016. This best-selling course, presented by nationally recognized accounting expert, Tom Noce, provides you with an overview of the standards' specific requirements and their potential impact on financial statements. The course also looks ahead, preparing you for proposed standards, better preparing you to identify issues impacting your firm and clients. In the course, Tom highlights recent activities of FASB's Private Company Council.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain a more comprehensive understanding of the requirements of all financial accounting standards recently issued or effective in 2016 and thereafter
- Articulate the impact of the activities of the Private Company Council on your clients' businesses
- Understand the AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF-SMEs)
- Recognize changes in accounting for goodwill, accounting for derivatives and hedging and variable interest entities
- Identify changes to revenue recognition
Back to top