One of the most important roles of the CFO is organizational fund raising. Funding Sources for the Effective CFO provides a guideline for CFOs in various financial situations and company sizes. Instructor Steven Bragg investigates options for raising cash through debt financing, investing surges in cash flows and cash reserves, listing shares on the stock market, and developing investor relations. Get answers to frequently asked questions about credit reporting agencies: Why are credit ratings necessary? What are the major credit rating agencies? How do you go about obtaining a credit rating? You will also learn the advantages and disadvantages of going public and how to take a public company private.
This course covers material also contained in The CFO Guidebook.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the available cash investment strategies and the more common investment instruments.
- Identify the types of debt funding and associated covenants.
- Identify the main credit rating agencies, the types of credit rating, and the process for obtaining and appealing a credit rating.
- Note the processes by which a company can go public or take itself private and the reasons for going public or private.
- Cite the reasons for being listed on a stock exchange and the qualifications for listing on the various exchanges.
- Identify the participants in and topics covered by an earnings call, the use of guidance, the topics covered in a road show, and the regulations governing investor relations.
- Identify the major public company reports, key reporting concepts, and the method by which reports are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top