Financial statement fraud is costly and directly affects businesses and individuals. This practical guide provides instruction for the detection of many common types of fraud such as revenue-based, shipping, bill and hold, and gross-up schemes. Straightforward and insightful, this course provides comprehensive coverage on the different ways financial statement fraud is perpetrated, including those that capitalize on the most recent accounting standards developments. Fundamentals of Financial Statement Fraud uses numerous ratios, red flags, and real-life cases to help you effectively detect and report fraud.
This course covers material also contained in Financial Statement Fraud.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the existing revenue recognition standards under both U.S. GAAP and International Accounting Standards (IAS), noting proposed changes.
- Identify revenue recognition schemes, citing the impact on the company's financial statements.
- Recognize the proper accounting under U.S. GAAP and IFRS for revenue recognition.
- Identify revenue recognition schemes, noting tactics used by companies in reallife case studies.
- Identify fictitious revenue schemes, noting reasons for recording fictitious revenue and its impact on the company's financial statements.
- Identify gross-up schemes, noting their accounting impact.
- Identify key aspects of detecting and investigating financial statement fraud.
- Recognize analytical methods used to detect financial statement fraud.
- Identify ways to assess and minimize the risk of successful auditor liability claims, noting real-life case studies and their impact.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top