In Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Audit, Marshall Romney provides a comprehensive look at every aspect of fraud. You'll learn how to prevent fraud by understanding how to design procedures that make it more difficult to perpetrate, how to detect fraud by knowing what you're supposed to be looking for, and how an auditor investigates obtains information relevant to fraud. Throughout the course, you'll find real-life examples of frauds perpetrated, with details of how schemes worked and how they were uncovered. You'll also learn about recent, relevant pronouncements related to the responsibilities of the auditor and strategies and theories that will enhance an auditor's skillset. In the end, you'll gain a complete understanding of the concept of Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Audit.
Please note that some of the information in this course is also contained in Assessing Fraud Risks: Understanding Common Fraud Schemes.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the basic elements of fraud and explain how the various types of fraud are carried out.
- Cite examples of fraudulent practices.
- Identify the various types of fraud perpetrators, their characteristics, and their reasons for committing fraud.
- Cite the benefits of fraud prevention techniques.
- Identify the pressures and rationalizations that can lead to fraud.
- Identify programs to relieve workplace pressures and help prevent the occurrence of fraud.
- Identify the opportunities that lead to the occurrence of fraud and the fraud prevention techniques specific to each of those kinds of opportunities.
- Identify company vulnerabilities and the various symptoms indicating the presence of fraud in order to detect fraud when it occurs or prevent the occurrence of fraud.
- Identify the key elements of a fraud investigation and audit.
- List the types of evidence gathered in fraud cases.
- Determine the auditor's responsibility with respect to fraud detection and audit.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top