Fraud auditors are detectives, sifting through large volumes of data for anything questionable. It is essential to utilize tools that enable immediate investigations. Microsoft Excel provides some easy-to-use tools that can greatly enhance and expedite the fraud audit process. This course will demonstrate how to use AutoFilter, arrays, and functions such as WEEKDAY and MOD using step-by-step instructions that you can apply to the interactive Excel practice file. The materials also include a discussion of Benford's Law, a valuable tool that can be used in conjunction with Excel.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the location of AutoFilter icon in Excel, and recognize the usage of the AutoFilter tool, particularly in fraud auditing
- Recognize when auto filter and conditional formatting may be utilized to highlight exceptions
- Recognize the usage of array formulas and lookup tables to consolidate tasks, search for information, and compare lists
- Recognize the syntax and usage of various text functions such as VLOOKUP, IFERROR, and MATCH to identify items, compare lists, search for a specific criteria or rounding, and name ranges of data
- Recognize ways to identify duplicate items and the steps involved in removing duplicates
- Identify gaps in a sequence using Excel
- Recognize the characteristics and uses for Benford's Law
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top