Join financial planning expert Robert Keebler as he discusses the final 401(a)(9) regulations and paying IRAs to trusts. This comprehensive course discusses tax planning strategies for IRAs, including how to designate beneficiaries, charitable rules for IRAs, and how to review and draft beneficiary trusts. We'll also cover asset protection, discuss important rulings, and examine practical examples.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify rules for retirement plan required beginning dates and required minimum distributions
- Cite requirements for Roth IRAs and Roth 401(k)s
- Recall ways to measure life expectancy and rate using the Uniform Lifetime table or Single Life table
- Cite benefits of having a trust as the beneficiary of an IRA
- Identify a safe haven trust
- Cite rules for conduit, accumulation and revocable living trusts
- Recognize how the separate share rule for IRAs works
- Identify steps to minimize the impact of taxes when there are bequests to charity or charities are beneficiaries
- Identify states with beneficial characteristics for shopping jurisdictions
- Recognize trusts that provide expectation for beneficiaries but give them no legal right
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top