Financial ratio analysis is an effective tool for CPAs to evaluate and analyze financial trends and determine operational efficiency. For the CPA in the attest function, financial ratios are an important tool for audit planning to identify operational issues as well as any potential going concern questions that should be addressed.
Through the use of example financial statements, this course demonstrates the practical uses of:
- Common sized financial statements
- Commonly used financial ratios
- The DuPont Model for evaluating return on equity
- Ratios to forecast working capital
- Cash flow ratios to identify potential liquidity issues
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the elements and disadvantages of common-sized financial statements and how accounts are reflected
- Compute commonly used financial ratios and cash flow ratios
- Recognize what ratios measure, the differences between each ratio, the driving forces behind computed financial ratios, and their impact on the company being measured
- Recognize the elements and computations of the DuPont model
- Recognize the use of ratios to forecast certain working capital account balances
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top