Select a Webcast
CPAs are increasingly assisting their clients in developing financial planning strategies when preparing for the many uncertainties of a client's life. CPAs also find themselves working with other high-level professional advisors to complement the unique and demanding situations in which clients find themselves.
Learn a high-level three-prong approach as the astute CPA to identifying and evaluating a client's particular situation, determining the weaknesses and exposures that could exist for the client, and in helping to implement sound financial planning recommendations to ensure that the client is following a very specific and tailor-made financial plan by the CPA.
Advanced subject matter to be discussed includes understanding and following the personal financial planning process, as well as each of the key financial planning disciplines, including cash flow management, insurance, investments, retirement, estate, education, and more. Join course presenter Jeff Rattiner will identify a unique approach for providing personal financial planning services, whether you're performing the tasks yourself or supervising others. Within each discipline, a technical review involving client exposures and recommendations will be discussed. Lastly, he will also help the CPA analyze the income tax return based on the financial planning issues of the client.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify a comprehensive and dynamic financial planning process that can be implemented for clients in any financial situation.
- Determine how to diagnose, evaluate and propose solutions to client issues
- Uncover Develop an understanding of personal financial planning and all of its subcomponents.
- Describe how to incorporate tax planning strategies when addressing and evaluating financial planning issues.
- Identify how to analyze, evaluate, navigate, and recommend practical solutions to complex dilemmas.
- Understand the financial planning ramifications when examining Form 1040
Back to top