CPAs are increasingly assisting their clients in developing financial planning strategies when preparing for the many uncertainties of a client's life. In this course, you will learn a high-level, three-pronged approach to identifying and evaluating each client's situation, determining the weaknesses and exposures that could exist for the client, and helping to implement sound financial planning recommendations to ensure that the client is following a very specific, tailor-made financial plan.
Course presenter Jeff Rattiner will identify a unique approach for providing personal financial planning, which will elevate your services whether you're performing the tasks yourself or supervising others. Advanced subject matter to be discussed includes understanding and following the personal financial planning process, as well as each of the key financial planning disciplines, including cash flow management, insurance, investments, retirement, estate, and education. Within each discipline, a technical review involving client exposures and recommendations will be discussed. Lastly, this course will help the CPA analyze the income tax return based on the financial planning issues of the client. This course is certain to sharpen your skills in financial planning so that you can effectively respond to the unique and demanding situations in which your clients find themselves.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify a comprehensive and dynamic financial-planning process that can be implemented for clients in any financial situation
- Determine how to diagnose, evaluate, and propose solutions to client issues
- Discuss personal financial planning and all its subcomponents
- Recognize how to incorporate tax planning strategies when addressing and evaluating financial planning issues
- Identify how to analyze, evaluate, navigate, and recommend practical solutions to complex planning dilemmas
- Recognize the financial planning ramifications when using Form 1040
Back to top