Accounting and financial professionals continue to use Microsoft Office Excel as their “go-to” tool for data summaries, financial statements, charting, workflow management, and countless other activities. Yet all too often, many of Excel’s best features that could be utilized when performing these activities remain unused, leading to inefficiencies and inaccuracies.
Participate in this course to learn how features such as Tables, Data Models, Scenario Manager, Solver, Data Analysis, and Quick Analysis can facilitate you getting more done in less time. You will also learn about newer functions added to Excel, including IFS, SWITCH, AGGREGATE, and FORECAST.ETS, along with many other tools to help you work more efficiently and effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List five Excel functions for making conditional calculations with multiple conditions
- Identify the advantages of using Excel tables as storage containers for transactional data
- Cite how to create Data Models to facilitate more sophisticated Excel-based reports and analyses
- Utilize features such as Scenario Manager, Solver, Data Analysis, and Quick Analysis to speed the process of creating reports and analyses in Excel
- Build formulas more quickly and easily using newer Excel functions such as IFS, SWITCH, and FORECAST.ETS
- Extend the functionality of Excel with various tools, including Power Pivot, Power View, and Power Query
Back to top