For most organizations, Excel remains the budgeting tool of choice. However, many who use Excel for budgeting and forecasting fail to take advantage of numerous features that can help produce better, more accurate results in less time. In this course, you'll learn what these features are and how to put them to use.
Specifically, we'll cover how features such as Solver and Scenario Manager, Excel's forecasting tools, and data consolidation tools that can streamline your budgeting processes. If you use Excel for budgeting and forecasting, you can't afford to miss this course!
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify appropriate tools and their functionality within Excel in order to solve problems and analyze data
- Identify the specific process and 'clicks' for executing various functions within Excel
- Cite how to predict future outcomes using functions such as FORECAST, LINEST, and TREND and to test them with regression analysis
- Specify how to handle multiple versions of budgets and forecasts with Scenario Manager
- Identify optimal solutions of multi-variable problems using Solver
- Specify how to manage risk and uncertainty with Excel add-ins such as RiskAMP
- Identify efficient ways to handle capital budgeting issues
- Recognize how to prepare budget reports, including consolidating reports
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top