In 2011 and 2012, the IRS announced major revisions and proposed changes to Circular 230. The recently revised Circular 230 imposes new duties and responsibilities upon practitioners who represent taxpayers before the IRS. Practitioners must comply with these requirements, necessitating a complete understanding of their duties within the tax system and to their clients. Ethics in Tax Practice will help you balance your duties and avoid ethical violations by thoroughly detailing revisions and proposed changes, giving you the necessary information to remain compliant with Circular 230.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the new standards and penalties for tax preparers
- Apply the new Circular 230 duties
- Avoid potential conflicts of interest
- Identify and apply corrections of taxpayer mistakes
- Identify unconscionable fees
- Protect client records
- Identify taxpayer confidences that may be disclosed to the IRS.
Back to top