While ethics training is required by many states, the true value of the CPA license is in understanding how critically important ethical behavior is to one another, our customers, our firms, and the public. This course will examine, using real disciplinary cases, what went wrong with the behavior of other CPAs in the profession. We will explore the basic tenants of ethical behavior, provide our standard of conduct, and then apply those standards to the real world.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify critical thinking errors as they relate to ethical dilemmas
- Recognize the professional code of ethics and conduct
- Recognize the new AICPA Ethics Codification
- Determine the impact of ethical and unethical conduct on our profession
- Identify the common types of fraud in business and the red flags of fraud
Back to top