Ethics for Ohio is designed to meet the professional standards and responsibilities (PSR) requirements specified by the Ohio State Board of Accountancy. This Board-approved course details the Ohio state-specific accountancy board laws as found in Chapter 4701. Illustrative examples and useful commentary emphasize the importance of these regulations and their effect on CPAs in Ohio. In addition, the course reviews the most frequently asked questions regarding experience, CPE requirements, professional ethics, professional standards and responsibilities, and more.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Note terminology and definitions used in the State of Ohio's Chapter 4701 Accountancy Board Law
- Recognize the composition and role of the Ohio Accountancy Board, including its enforcement powers
- Specify the Accountancy Board of Ohio's registration requirements for public accounting firms, issuance of a CPA certificate, public accountant registration, and foreign applicants
- Recognize the requirements for the issuance of a permit to practice in the state of Ohio, noting continuing education requirements
- Specify conditions that constitute authorized and unauthorized practice
- Identify activities and violations that may lead to Board disciplinary action, and the subsequent disciplinary and investigative authority of the Board
- Note CPA and PA record requirements and the Board's publication of a printed CPA and PA register
- Specify the conditions under which a person may qualify for a Board established education assistance program
- Cite applicable Q&As that help clarify the Ohio Accountancy Board's rules and requirements
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top