Throw away the tax code and regulations! This course will help you finally make sense of estate planning. You'll learn how to structure an effective estate plan using a highly visual, real-life approach. Diagrams, charts, tables, and calculation sheets are used to present key elements of any successful estate plan - from the simplest to the most complex. Key topics covered include legal documents for estate planning, estate administration, types of trusts, estate and gift taxes, and estate planning devices and techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic elements and key team members of the estate planning process.
- Identify estate-planning goals.
- Cite the mechanics of a living 'A-B' and 'A-B-C' (QTIP) trust.
- List potential death taxes.
- Define taxable estate under §2501.
- Determine what assets are included in a gross estate.
- Identify gift planning advantages.
- Differentiate the process of property disposition within probate under a will from intestate succession.
- Identify ways to make transfers outside the probate system.
- Identify special exclusions, deductions, and transfers used as estate-planning tools that permit clients to pass more wealth to heirs and save on death taxes.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top