Enterprise performance management (EPM) technology has been rapidly advancing, especially in the areas of predictive analysis and cloud-based solutions. This course introduces a framework for implementing and managing next-generation functionality for better insight, focus, and alignment of EPM. This blueprint shows that EPM can have a direct positive impact on revenue growth, operating margin, asset utilization, and cash cycle efficiency. In addition, this course joins IT and finance to create a system for developing and implementing performance management to improve revenue growth and profit margins.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify gaps in business strategy execution, noting barriers to successful execution that have been erected in an organization.
- Define the purpose and components of EPM, noting what it can provide to an organization.
- Recognize the context, impact, and responsibility of EPM.
- Identify the framework and stages of the management operating system process.
- Recognize the process of gathering data and techniques used to turn data into useful, actionable information.
- Identify different types of delivery mechanisms that distribute the right information to the right people at the right time, noting the utilization of data management tools, integration and transformation tools, and monitoring.
- Identify the processes and tools, used with gathered data, to perform root cause analysis.
- Identify the frequency of use and alternatives to the debate step of EPM.
- Recognize the steps necessary to align the business on 'what's possible' and 'what's next.'
- Recognize the components of the planning process, including setting and questioning assumptions, understanding constraints, prioritizing resources, assessing, and resetting the plan.
- Identify the framework of designing and executing EPM initiatives, so that they align with the stages of the management cycle and performance objectives to improve outcomes and business experiences.
- Recognize the strategic components of the management operating system and EPM and how these components help align the organization to the 'right' outcomes.
- Recognize how to bring together the components of EPM that currently are performed in silos, or other isolated areas of the business, to put together an EPM management operating system cycle.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top