Properly onboarding new employees can greatly diminish high rates of employee turnover. Employee Onboarding discusses the reasons for a comprehensive onboarding system and describes the contents of such a system. This course covers many types of orientation and the need for ongoing performance reviews and surveys as well as the support of peer advisors, mentors, and coaches at various phases of the onboarding process. Author Steven Bragg also introduces a number of strategies for successful onboarding such as a new employee checklist, competency charts, and detailed discussion items for current department staff.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of a high rate of employee turnover.
- Describe the activities taken before a new hire starts work.
- Cite the discussion items that a hiring manager has with the department staff when a new person is hired.
- Note the desirable traits of a peer advisor.
- Describe when a peer advisor program should be used.
- Recognize the different aspects of departmental training.
- Describe the types of people who should be introduced to a new hire.
- Describe how a competency chart is used.
- Note the contents of a typical new hire portal.
- Recognize the contents of a new employee checklist.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top