Perhaps no term receives more coverage in business circles today than business intelligence (BI). With Microsoft's new Power BI tools, you can now create powerful, interactive, and visually-compelling summaries of potentially vast quantities of data directly from your computer and without the assistance of your technology team. Using do it yourself business intelligence, you're be able to quickly and easily create reports and dashboards that might have taken days or even weeks in the past.
In this course, you'll learn how to use Microsoft's Power BI tools to solve many of the financial and operational reporting issues you face each day. More specifically, you'll learn how to leverage your existing understanding of Microsoft Excel to harness the power of tools, such as Power Query, Power View, Power Map, and Power Pivot. With this knowledge, you'll have insights into your data that can help you to make more informed and profitable decisions while retaining full control over your data.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how to utilize Power Query to extract financial and operational data from multiple data sources;
- Cite how to summarize data in Power Pivot, including data found in the Data Model feature of Excel 2013;
- Identify how to prepare stunning, interactive visualizations of data using Power Map and Power View;
- Cite how to share your BI reports and dashboards and collaborate with team members using tools such as Power BI Sites; and
- Identify how to create compelling and useful dashboards using Power BI Desktop.
Back to top