While the responsibilities of CPAs who work in larger firms differ, the responsibilities of those in smaller firms are similar. Accounting and auditing expert Larry Perry thoroughly covers the different responsibilities of tax, accounting, and auditing engagement leaders. Positions discussed in the course include: (1) the managing partner, shareholder, or sole practitioner; (2) the tax partner; (3) accounting and auditing partners; and (4) the engagement executive.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of various personnel within the CPA firm.
- Cite the requirements for a firm's quality control program and identify effective ways to implement those requirements.
- Determine the most effective ways to present information and communicate within a CPA firm.
- Identify helpful presentation tools and when to use them.
- Cite the purpose and use of engagement budgets.
- Calculate various productivity and firm management ratios.
- Identify appropriate roles and cite needs of management and leaders to meet technical as well as personal needs within the firm.
- Identify the timing of various aspects of audit and tax engagements.
- Identify the sections of various planning and documentation forms.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top