In the business world, carefully-selected and well-managed teams can achieve outstanding results. Developing and Managing Teams describes when to use teams, why it is critical to staff a team with a mix of personality types, and how to develop a high-performing team. The course also notes the importance of emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and consensus building. It addresses many additional team topics, including how to manage a team, self-directed teams, and the decision-making process within a team.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the essential components of a team, the types of teams that can be formed, and their purposes.
- Identify the types of team players and the characteristics of each one.
- Note the issues experienced by ineffective teams.
- Identify the characteristics shared by the best team members.
- Note the impact of team size on a team.
- Cite the value and concerns associated with each type of communication method.
- Note the characteristics of an effective team.
- List the different types of listening that a team member can employ.
- Identify the steps that can be taken to create a culture that favors teams.
- Note the types of decision-making systems that a team can use, when they work best, and when they can go wrong.
- Identify the approaches that can be used to improve the quality of team decisions.
- List situations in which a team may be dispersed.
- Note how to create an emotional connection between the members of a dispersed team.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top