Course DescriptionToday's business climate demands that you address data security and the potential for identity theft. Failing to do so could lead to business and personal ruin! In this course, you will learn how to assess and mitigate the risks associated with sensitive data and the potential for identity theft, helping to ensure that you and your organization successfully navigate this minefield of risks.
You will begin this program by learning where the most significant risks are and the potential losses associated with each of these risks. With this understanding in place, you will then learn about specific techniques you can and should implement to mitigate risk to prudently acceptable levels. Along the way, you will learn about the ten Generally Accepted Privacy Principles and how using this resource can guide you toward a more secure environment. If you are concerned about data security and the potential for identity theft--and who isn't--this program is 'must-see CPE!'
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the relevant security risks in your organization
- Identify specific tools and techniques to protect sensitive data
- List five specific steps to improve PC security
- Implement specific security procedures to improve organizational security
- Utilize Data Loss Prevention to mitigate the risk of 'data leakage'
- Apply the guidance provided by Generally Accepted Privacy Principles to reduce the risks associated with sensitive data, including personal information
Back to top